- Interactive Brochure
- Veterans No Cost Home Care Support Program
- Starting the Conversation
- Senior Care is a Family Issue
- Types of Home Care
- How to Pay for Home Care
- In Home Support Services (IHSS)
- Uranium Miners, Millers and Transporters Benefits
- Legal Considerations
- Frequently Asked Questions
Benefits for Uranium Miners, Millers and Transporters
Compensation of $150,000-$275,000 & Free home care is available.
Do You Qualify?
- Employed in uranium mines or mills, or transported uranium ore in Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington or Wyoming at any time during Jan. 1, 1941 to Dec. 31, 1971.
- Must have been exposed to 40 or more working-level months of radiation, or worked for at least one year in a uranium mine during the relevant time period.
- If a uranium miller or transporter, the claimant must have worked for at least one year during the relevant time period.
- Compensable diseases include primary lung cancer, cor pulmonale, pneumoconiosis, pulmonary fibrosis or silicosis. For mill workers or transporters, any kidney disease is additionally qualifying.
- Once the government successfully processes an application for the RECA program, you may receive $100,000 in cash.
- Additionally, a qualified candidate should also apply to the U.S. Department of Labor for the EEOICPA to qualify for $50,000 in cash under EEOICPA, as well as payment of medical claims associated with the qualifying illness.
What benefits are included?
- Nurses and CNAs visits in your own home
- Communication with physician or pharmacy, managed by Comfort Keepers' RN Supervisor
- Assistance with daily activities including bathing and meal preparation
- Medication Management
- Respite for family – oversight protection to give relief to your family.
How can Comfort Keepers Help?
Comfort Keepers is certified to provide free in home health care for workers who suffer from illnesses they contracted while working with uranium. There are no deductibles or co-pays. The plan will allow you to stay in the comfort of your own home. Comfort Keepers staff will provide a full array of in home and nursing services at no cost to you if you qualify for benefit under these programs.
FOR A FREE ASSESSMENT OR MORE INFORMATION CALL COMFORT KEEPERS AT (970) 235-0582